The Town of Chino Valley (“Town”) invites qualified law firms and attorneys to submit a proposal to provide Town Prosecutor services for the Town.
The successful bidder will enter into a contract with the Town to serve as the Town’s prosecutor in the Chino Valley Municipal Court. The Town anticipates the time required to provide these services will average 10 hours per week. Services generally include all aspects of legal services necessary for prosecuting violations (civil and criminal) of the Town Codes and ordinances and state law
misdemeanors, including but not limited to the list of responsibilities and duties specifically set forth below.
Responsibilities and duties include:
• Preparing for and appearing at arraignments;
• Reviewing case files, including police or code compliance reports, previous convictions and motions from the defense attorney;
• Determining whether to file charges based upon the police or code compliance reports;
• Preparing correspondence as necessary and preparing for pre-trial conferences;
• Meeting with defendants and/or their attorneys at pre-trial conferences, explaining the situation, available alternatives regarding please, fines, sentences, etc.
• Preparing for and appearing at trials, including preparing and responding to motions, discovery, interviewing witnesses and generating necessary subpoenas;
• Developing and implementing Town Prosecutor’s Office policies and procedures and coordinating these policies and procedures with the Chino Valley Police Department and Town Code Compliance Officers.
Persons submitting proposals must meet the following minimum qualifications for consideration for an award of contract:
• Be licensed to practice law in the State of Arizona and membership in good standing with the State Bar of Arizona; and
• Have a minimum of two (2) years of law experience, preferably as a prosecutor.
Responses shall include qualifications and experience of the proposer, hours of availability, and proposed annual fee. Proposed fees may be subject to negotiation between the Town and the proposer. Any proposal which does not conform in all material respects to the Request for Proposals will be considered non-responsive.
Requirements for Submittals of Proposals:
Proposals shall be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. on the 8th day of June 2016 to the Assistant Town Manager at the Town of Chino Valley Town Hall, 202 N. State Route 89, Chino Valley, Arizona 86323 in a sealed envelope marked in the lower left-hand corner: “Town Prosecutor Proposal”. Late proposals will not be accepted.
Chino Valley is an equal opportunity employer. Minority and women’s business enterprises are encouraged to submit Proposals.
Any questions concerning the Request for Proposals process should be addressed to Cecilia Grittman at 928-636-2646, extension 1202 or email@example.com.