Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Chino Valley Police Department has established a FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL traffic plan to facilitate and expedite traffic at both Heritage Middle School and Del Rio Elementary School. August 8, 2017 is the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, which generally means increased traffic in the area of the schools. We strongly encourage parents to allow their children to ride the bus, even the first day. If you choose to drop your child off at school we encourage you to approach from the North utilizing Road 1 West from Perkinsville Road or Road 3 North as we have prevented most north bound access to the schools on the first day.
To help ensure constant traffic flow and reduce congestion we have restricted movement and traffic patterns in the area on August 9th from 6:30am until 7:45am. The traffic changes, as illustrated on the attached map, will be as follows:
1. No left turn out of any parking lots on either campus.
2. No left turn into Del Rio Parking lot.
3. Buses are the only exception to the left turn restriction.
4. North Bound Traffic that wants to access Del Rio must turn left into Heritage Middle School, go through the parking lot and then head south on Road 1 West.
5. All parking lot traffic must make a right turn when they exit and go to Road 2 North
6. Only access allowed into Del Rio parking/drop off lot will be from south bound traffic on Road 1 West.
7. NO PARKING in drop off lanes at both Heritage Middle School and Del Rio Elementary School.
8. NO PARKING OR STOPPING on dirt shoulders outside of school areas.
Uniformed Officers will be assisting with traffic control in the area. Officers WILL NOT be authorized to issue warnings for parking violations in the school area during the 1st two weeks of school.
View Full Sized Image
Contact: Lt. Vincent SchaanChino Valley Police Department
1950 Voss Dr., #301(928) 636-4223 X 1279 Chino Valley, ArizonaFAX (928) 636-1972 86323Cell (928) 899-7118 Twitter @CVPDAZ